August, 1951 Model "B" Page
ROCHESTER PRODUCTS DIVISION, GENERAL MOTORS CORP. ROCHESTER, NEW
1. Place Choke Spring on Cover Boss with
extended hook end against cover.
2. Place Choke Swivel Assembly on Boss with
lug and screw on the inside. Lock Retaining Ring into groove.
3. Slip Choke Shaft into Air Horn. Center
Choke Valve and tighten screws. The letters RP must face outward with choke valve
Upset ends of choke valve screws after assembly.
4. Turn Choke Spring clockwise until outside
hooked end engages top portion of choke swivel assembly. With small piece of wire wind
inside end of choke spring approximately 1/2 turn and hook over end of
choke shaft assembly. Ascertain that choke assembly has free
5. If wear is noted on Float Needle, install
new Float Needle Assembly. Always use factory-matched and tested Needle & Seat
6. Place Power Spring and Power Stem into
7. Place new Cover Gasket on Cover.
Check that all cover and gasket holes are aligned.
8. Using a new Main Well Support Gasket,
attach Main Well Support to Cover. On later models this Gasket is a part of Cover
9. Install Main Metering
10. Holding Power Stem down install power
ball, spring and plug assembly. Tighten securely.
11. Attach Float with Hinge Pin. Float Tang
must face cover Face.
Adjustment Bulletin for correct Float Setting.
12. Rotate Throttle Kick Lever clockwise until
extended hooked end engages lower half of Lever. Turn Lever to vertical position against
tension of spring. Cam portion of lever will now be in position to engage cam portion of
13. Holding Lever thusly, place Cover Assembly
on Bowl. Attach screws and Choke Bracket. Tighten screws