Cleaning and Reversing Flushing
cleaning solution should be used to loosen the rust and scale before reverse
flushing the cooling system. G.
M. Cooling System Cleanser is
an excellent preparation to use for this purpose.
The following directions for
cleaning the cooling system apply only with the use of G. M. Cooling System Cleanser.
NOTE—Always follow the
manufacturer's instructions with the particular cleaner being
1. Drain the cooling system and close both
2. Add the liquid portion (No. 1) of the
3. Fill the cooling system with water to a
level of about 3 inches below
the top of the overflow pipe.
4. Cover the radiator and run the engine at
moderate speed until the
heat indicator reaches 180 degrees. Remove the cover from the radiator
and continue to run the engine for 20 minutes. —But avoid
5. While the engine is still running add the
powder portion (No. 2) of the
cooling system cleanser and
continue to run the engine for 10 minutes.